CoVidAffect was a project we launched to monitor real-time mood variations during the Spanish nationwide lockdown following the COVID-19 outbreak. The program ran from March 28 to June 21, when the Spanish government lifted the state of alarm enabling social contact and unrestricted mobility. A total of 999 participants registered 17,454 mood recordings through the project website or the covidaffect Android app, developed specifically for the purposes of this study. During the study we were publishing daily updates of geo-localised mood data on the project website and maintained an open data repository where the entire dataset was available for further visualisation and analysis by any interested party.
To our knowledge this is the first dataset that offers the opportunity to study affect dynamics in a lockdown situation.
- Dataset on GitHub: https://github.com/perakakis/CoVidAffect
- Dataset on Zenodo: https://zenodo.org/record/3774526
- Dataset preprint: https://psyarxiv.com/3sv6r
- Published paper: Bailon, C., Goicoechea, C., Banos, O., Damas, M., Pomares, H., Correa, A., Sanabria, D., Perakakis, P. (2020). CoVidAffect, real-time monitoring of mood variations following the COVID-19 outbreak in Spain. Scientific Data 7, 365
- OSF project page: https://osf.io/5cqzk
- Data visualisation: tableau website